Yay – It’s National Coffee Day! Now this is a food holiday worth waking up for. In fact, without out my morning cup o’ Joe i’d still be sleeping! ?
Every morning half asleep, I stumble downstairs to get my coffee on. I am definitely one of those “Don’t talk to me before I’ve had my coffee” kinda gals. Then, once the coffee is brewed, it’s cream and 1 sugar for me. And then after that first moment of coffee bliss, my day can begin with a smile.
Are you a coffee lover too? I’d love to hear what your favorite tips are for brewing a good cup of Joe. Leave your tips in the comments below!
Here are a few tips for Brewing the Best Tasting Coffee
In honor of National Coffee Day I reached out to coffee connoisseur, Joey Ammirati of Caffe Ammi Roasting Company for some of his tips on how to make the best tasting coffee, here are a few of his suggestions:
- Buy whole bean coffee vs. ground and grind it each time before you brew.
- Store coffee properly. Air tight, out of sunlight, and in a cool dry place.
- Whatever brewing method you use, be sure the equipment is clean. Oils & residue will make the coffee taste bitter. This is especially true with an espresso machine.
- Brew at the right temperature. Cold water won’t allow the right infusion of flavor, and water that’s too hot will burn the coffee making it bitter. For the perfect brew, keep the water temperature between 190-200.
- Based on preference, there’s no right or wrong way to enjoy your coffee. Use milk, cream, sugar to your liking.
- Joey loves all coffee brewing methods, but his favorite is French Press.
And, stay tuned for more information on the opening of their upcoming tasting room and pro shop in Pelham, NY