I could go on endlessly about my undying love for anything with Nutella! Since you’re reading this, chances are you’re equally devoted to the combination of chocolate and hazelnuts. It seems I could post a recipe every week using this incredibly delicious and versatile spread. Yes, that’s my way of telling you “here I go again”! This time with Nutella Oreo Fudge Cheesecake Bars. Yup – a triple threat! It’s made with an oreo cookie crumb base, nutella cheesecake (of course), and a chocolate fudge topping. If you’re a nutella and chocolate lover then this is a must try.
Now, if I told you that this Nutella cheesecake was sinfully good and sinfully easy to make would you believe me? Well, you should and it is, I promise! The only disclaimer, however, is I recommend using a brownie pan/baking pan with a removable bottom. My personal choice is the Perfect Brownie Pan.
NOTE: I have not done so but I am almost certain you can make these using a rectangular baking dish. Just keep in mind you will have to adjust the cooking time based on the size of the pan. The brownie pan I use is 7.5″ x 12″ x 1.5″. In the end it’s the presentation that might be affected but not the taste. As another side note, you could also make these in a mini cheesecake pan if you choose but you will need to adjust the cooking time (bake for 10-12 minutes).
Here what you’ll need to do to give this recipe a try:
- In a food processor crush the oreo cookies to a fine crumb. Melt a 1/2 tablespoon of butter and then combine with the crumbs. Press the cookie crumb mixture into the pan and lightly press down. Since this cheesecake cooks a good 40-45 minutes I decided not to pre-bake the crumbs and that worked out fine. You could also pre bake the crumbs about 10 minutes prior to adding the cheesecake.
- In a mixer combine softened cream cheese, sugar and nutella. Beat for a few minutes until smooth and creamy. Then add the vanilla and the eggs one at a time. When completely mixed pour the entire cheesecake batter on top of the cookie crumbs in the brownie pan. Place the pan into a pre heated 350 degree oven…
- The perfect brownie pan comes with an insert that pre cuts slices as the cake bakes. If using this type of pan then you can put that inside at this time. NOTE: THE PICTURE BELOW IS TO SHOW YOU THE PAN – YOU SHOULD ADD THE BATTER FIRST AND THEN ADD THE INSERT.
- Bake the cheesecake bars for 45 minutes or until done.
While the cheesecake(s) is cooling:
- In a glass bowl add the undefrosted cool whip and chocolate chips. Place in the microwave for 2 minutes. After the frist minute stop to the stir the mixture. Then continue to melt in the microwave for the remaining 1 minute.
- Let the chocolate cool whip fudge mixture sit for about 15 minutes.
Tip: As a rule I don’t like to microwave in plastic.
- Once the cheesecake is cool pour the chocolate fudge over it and evenly spread with a knife. Depending on how thick of a layer you want there may have extra.
- Refrigerate pan until cool or overnight. I prefer overnight. At this time you can slightly re-insert the removable insert to cut through the fudge. Just enough to cut through the fudge. Alternatively, you can remove the cake from the pan and with a knife line up your knife to the precut squares.
- If you use the insert you will get 18 1.5″ x 2.5″ squares.
The Recipe card is below. If you enjoy this recipe please share it with your friends.
If you like Nutella then you might also like these other recipes:
I look forward to your feedback so please comment below.
Note You must subscribe to the blog to be able to comment. Thank you!