This is a great salsa recipe. The recipe is real simple and tastes great. The best part is you can make it in 10 seconds. Most of the items in this salsa are standards in my pantry/refrigerator. If you have these items on hand this can be great go to snack or garnish for meals.
You will need the following ingredients to make this salsa:
- a pint cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- jalapeño pepper
- juice from a lime
- salt and pepper to taste (optional).
Here is a quick list of the recipe items above that I keep stock of in my refrigerator and why:
- I always have cherry tomatoes. They have great flavor and you eliminate the need for slicing and dicing because they are already petite. They are good for this salsa but also on pizza and for quick sauces.
- Peeled Garlic. I use a lot of garlic in my cooking so I purchase peeled garlic from the grocery store. It’s a little bit more expensive but helps reduce prep time in the kitchen.
- Onions are another staple of mine. Both the red and white/yellow. I use them in salads and in hot foods. If you don’t have red onion substitute with what you have on hand.
- Although I prefer freshly squeezed lemon and limes, I always keep a bottle of each in my refrigerator.
To make this 10 second salsa all you need to do is place the tomatoes on the bottom of your chopper, then add the red onion, jalapeño pepper, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice and seasonings. In that order. Pulse for about 10 seconds and you will have a delicious and fat free salsa. It can be served with chips, on tacos, or with your favorite chicken or fish dishes. There are so many possibilities.
A couple of tips on this salsa:
- If the salsa becomes a bit foamy this is normal – the foam is made from tiny air bubbles created in the chopper. You can eliminate then by gently patting the top of the salsa with a paper towel.
- Watery Salsa: if you find your salsa is too watery you can pour into a mesh strainer to release some of the extra juice.
I hope you will give this quick salsa recipe a try and let me know what you think.
If you like this recipe don’t forget to PIN IT, LIKE it, or SHARE it with your friends by clicking on one of the Social Media Icons below
I really look forward to hearing your feedback so let me know what you think in the comments below!