Greek yogurt has really gained popularity over the past years. Probably because it is tasty and good for you. There so many healthy reasons to love Greek Yogurt: it is low in carbs, high in protein and low in sodium. In addition to these great health benefits, Greek yogurt is also an extremely versatile food. It can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. One of the best things to love about non-fat Greek Yogurt is that it can be used as an alternative to high fat foods like mayonnaise, heavy cream and even eggs.
Today I am sharing a versatile recipe for a Creamy Greek Yogurt Pesto. I love the flavors of this tangy yogurt combined with the bold flavors of the pesto.
To make this creamy pesto all you need is some fresh basil, parsley, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and optional walnuts (or other favorite nut).
- Mix all the ingredients together (except the yogurt) in a blender or food processor.
- When fully incorporated and chopped mix together with a little non fat greek yogurt.
The result is a tangy creamy pesto that can be used as a sauce, garnish or even as a salad dressing.
Here are some suggestions for using this creamy pesto dressing:
- a garnish on top of fish or chicken
- a dip for vegetables or chips
- a sandwich spread
- creamy pesto sauce for pasta salads and more….