Do you like asparagus? Do your kids?
Well I love asparagus and yup so do my kids! Here’s a great way to prepare asparagus that I think you will LOVE and maybe even your kids…
Bake it with bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese. My kids go bananas for anything breaded. Breading and baking the asparagus gives it this crunchy coating that makes you think you feel guilty while eating them. But, actually they are not so bad for you.
In addition to making veggies fun for the kids (and even adults) I serve this asparagus with appetizers and as a side dish during holiday gatherings (or any get together really). It’s also a great way to jazz up that traditional asparagus with butter.
I found it hard to get a really great picture of these but I promise they’re delish!Here’s the easy recipe – give ’em a try and let me know what you think…
- 1 bunch of asparagus spears
- 2 cups flavored bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese (if you like Romano use that instead)
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus extra t drizzle
- Roast in oven 400 degrees F – 15-20 mins
- Snap stalks, wash and dry asparagus.
- Mix egg and parmesan cheese together in a bowl. Put the bread crumbs in a separate dish. Dip asparagus spear in egg, then breadcrumb, then place on a baking sheet with the 1/2 cup oil.
- Layer asparagus on the sheet and then drizzle olive oil over the tops.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until browned and asparagus is cooked.
- Remove from tray onto a serving platter and sprinkle with more grated Parmesan Cheese.
- If you don’t eat bread or want something gluten free try coating the asparagus in almond meal and grated parmesan cheese.
- If you don’t use eggs coat the asparagus in olive oil then roll it in a breadcrumb and grated parmesan mixture. Proceed to bake according to recipe.
- You could deep fry these – they are really good that way (just not so healthy)!!
Here’s the recipe card too ….As always I really look forward to your feedback! Please let me know what you think in the comments below!!
If you like this recipe feel free to PIN IT, LIKE IT or SHARE IT using any one of the social media icons below.