…???I sure hope you love pork because this week on the blog it’s going to be a pork-a-palooza. I mean every pork dish I’ve made and haven’t posted is going to be going up this week!???
Here goes a great slow cooker pork dish.
Pork-a-palooza recipe #3 is a
BBQ Pulled Pork
I like this recipe because it’s fairy simple:
- season the pork
- sear the meat on both sides
- Put in the slow cooker with some stock and cook on high for 1 hour and then on low for an additional 5 hours (or until tender and easily shredded with a fork).
- After the 6 hours hours shred the meat with a fork, add the bbq sauce, mix with meat, and continue to cook an additional hour on low.
- Serve and enjoy!
1. for an additional layer of flavor you can slice a medium yellow onion and place it on the bottom layer of the crockpot and then put the pork on top.
2. If you want to spice up your pork you can add a few dashes of hot sauce and chili powder to the chicken stock.
SIDE NOTE: I’ve prepared this a day ahead of time by cooking the pork, shredding it , but not adding the bbq sauce until the next day. After the pork has cooled a bit I wrap the ceramic insert in aluminum foil, and refrigerate. The next day I bring the pork to room temperature for about 15-20 minutes and then add the bbq sauce. I then cook the shredded pork on low for at least an hour or until the pork is warmed through and the bbq sauce has flavored the meat.
PLEASE SEE UPDATE NOTE BELOW
SIDE NOTE UPDATE AS 1/31/2014 – After careful research on crockpot cooking I would suggest fully heating the shredded pork up in the microwave and then placing in the crockpot with bbq sauce and then adding the bbq sauce to prevent bacteria from spreading.
We enjoy this on a bun with a little cheddar cheese.
Thank you for reading this post and while you’re here stick around for some other recipes.
Here’s some side dishes you might like:
Don’t miss any recipes or posts by subscribing to the blog. All you need to do is enter your email below and then confirm it. All recipes and notifications will be sent right to your inbox. Also, I NEVER share emails!
Don’t forget to click one of the social media buttons below and share with your friends and of course I look forward to hearing your feedback so please leave a comment below!