☛ Recipe Post Updated on April 24, 2017
Happy Monday! If you’re looking for another Meatless Monday dish try this Artichoke Frittata.
I found this Artichoke Omelet recipe in mom’s recipe box and tweaked it a bit. The specifics were a little unclear (no big surprise) so I modified and improvised it a little. The notes weren’t in my Mom’s handwriting, so I’m pretty sure whomever passed it along, may have omitted an ingredient/step (or two) 🙂
- 5 eggs
- 1 in Can of Artichoke heartswater 8.5 oz, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or Romano
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 small shallot diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons water for diluting eggs
- Olive oil for drizzling and coating
- Scramble 5 eggs with a drizzle of oil and a few tablespoons of water. Add cheeses and parsley and mix.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F. Sauté chopped artichoke hearts and shallots in olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Add another drizzle of olive oil and then add the egg mixture. Continue to cook on low until set. When eggs have set place pan in hot oven for about 10 mins or until bubbly and lightly brown.
- Carefully remove HOT pan from oven with a mitt and let cool before transferring and cutting.
Remove artichokes from pan and let cool. Then add to the egg mixture, combine and then add to greased pan and cook according to directions above.
SUBSTITUTE: use spinach (drained well), asparagus or zucchini. Use milk or half n half in place of water for a denser frittata.