This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
It’s almost the weekend so how about treating yourself to a French Toast Roll up for breakfast? And not just any french toast roll up, but a chocolate chip cannoli style french toast roll up.
C’mon I had you at Chocolate Chip Cannoli …. didn’t I?
I’m calling this a cannoli french toast roll up because it’s a whole wheat Flatout flat bread dipped in egg wash, cooked on the griddle and then rolled up with a sweet creamy greek yogurt – ricotta cheese and chocolate chip filling. It’s a low fat take on the Italian Cannoli.
All you need to do with this dish is dip the flatout flatbread into the egg wash like with basic french toast and cook in a non stick skillet. I used orange extract in my recipe but you can also use vanilla if you prefer. Once the flatout bread “french toast” is cooked on both sides you can set aside to cool. In the meantime, combine the greek yogurt, low fat ricotta cheese; powdered sugar, and chocolate chips together. Take a dollop or so of the greek yogurt filling and spread on the french toast. Roll up and then cut.
Whether you decide to have this for breakfast or even as a dessert, you are just a few roll ups away from something healthy and good! Try it, you will not be disappointed.
Enjoy and Cheers to the weekend!
Cannoli French Toast Roll Up
- 1 Piece of whole wheat Flatout Flatbread
- 1 egg
- 2-3 Tblsp Milk or cream
- 1/4 tsp orange extract
- 3-4 cup Tablespoonslow fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon non fat greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- dash of vanilla
- Mini Chocolate Chips for garnish
- Mix egg, milk, and orange extract. Dip both sides of flatout bread into egg wash. In a non stick pan coated with cooking Spray cook the flatbread on both sides. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whip together greek yogurt and ricotta cheese with vanilla. Add the powdered sugar and whip until fluffy.
- Fold in chocolate chips for garnish. Spread over flatbread and serve with fresh fruit.