This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
This baked baby bella stuffed mushrooms recipe is made with eggplant, tomatoes, bacon and parmesan cheese.
It’s #NationalStuffedMushroomDay so what better way to celebrate than with this recipe for Baby Bella Stuffed Mushrooms,
It’s not like I needed a reason to share this delicious recipe, but you guys should know how much I love a good food holiday!
In fact, this stuffed mushroom recipe is my go to for almost all holidays and special occasions. Especially, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
What are Baby Bella Mushrooms
I love Baby Bella Mushrooms, they have become my new “go to??? mushroom lately.
Baby bellas are exactly that, baby portobello mushrooms that have been picked before they grow larger. They are also called brown mushrooms, crimini, baby portabella, portabellini and mini bellas.
They are less delicate mushrooms that are cultivated longer than white mushrooms. Thus creating a meatier and heartier mushroom that can stand up to higher heats.
What do Baby Bellas Taste Like
Baby Bella mushrooms have an earthy, bold flavor. I especially like using them in stuffed mushrooms, but I also use them in many other recipes like Chicken Marsala and Chicken Cacciaotre .
Do I Have to Use Baby Bella Mushrooms
You do not have to use baby bella mushrooms for this recipe. You can use white button mushrooms or larger portobello mushrooms. Also, this stuffed mushroom recipe can be used to stuff mini peppers instead.
What is the Best Way to Wash Mushrooms
A gentle spray of water is fine. I know this is not the popular answer, but I do quickly rinse my mushrooms under cold water. Then gently dry them with a towel and remove any loose dirt that might remain.
Just do not soak them in water. That is how they get water logged.
This a list of my Kitchen Favorites. The tried and true, must have kitchen tools, gizmos and gadgets I can not live without.
You will love these mushrooms, they are fairly easy to make and taste great. Perfect for any event, especially for a large crowd. Hope you make them and let me know what you think!
Mangia and enjoy!
Baby Bella Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil more if needed
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/4 cup baby eggplant peeled, diced
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 handfuls Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 whole plum tomatoes seeded, diced
- 1 large egg scrambled
- 2 strips bacon cook, crumbled
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean and stem mushrooms, reserve mushroom stems and dice up. Place mushrooms caps on a greased baking sheet ( open side up)
- In a saute pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute onion, garlic, mushroom stems* and eggplant until softened on medium heat. Add the diced tomatoes and bacon and continue to saute for an additional 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl put bread-crumbs, grated cheese and fresh chopped parsley. Pour the mixture from the pan into the bowl and gently mix together. Add the egg and mix together until you have a stuffing like consistency.
- Spoon the stuffing into the mushrooms caps, fill as high as you can until the stuffing falls out. Sprinkle the tops of the mushrooms with more grated cheese (if desired) and drizzle a little olive oil over the tops of the caps. Loosely tent a large piece of *aluminum foil over the pan before placing in the oven. Bake the mushrooms for 10 minutes with the foil and then carefully remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 8-10 minutes (or until stuffing is completely cooked through). Serve warm
12 Baby Bella Mushroom Recipes – The Kitchen Community
Friday 24th of December 2021
[…] 7. Easy Baby Bella Mushrooms […]