*This post may contain paid promotion or affiliate links that I receive a small commision on at no charge to you*
Pucker up guys cause’ I’ve got the perfect cookie for everyone on your nice list! These baci di dama, a.k.a Italian lady kisses, make the perfect addition to your holiday cookie trays and edible gifts. This little bite size biscotti are the perfect combination of hazelnuts and chocolate.
These are not only delicious, they are so cute too! I truly love these cookies and they are so easy to make. Once you’ve mixed your dough you basically roll them and drop them onto your baking sheet. Try and keep them all the same size so they bake evenly.
Once you’ve baked and allowed them to cool, melt your favorite chocolate, flip half your cookies, dollop a small spoonful into the center and top with another half (flat side down). Let them set and then drizzle with more chocolate if desired.
About the chocolate ….
I like to to use chocolate candy melts for these whenever possible. It melts easier and sets up nicely on the outside without smudging when I wrap them in clear cello. Grab some festive ribbon to wrap pair up with your favorite gift card, these make great holiday gifts.
Whether you need to fill up cookie trays or just want a sweet treat, these Baci di Dama are nothing short of hazelnut and chocolate perfection! Bake them for your friends and family, they will thank you! Happy baking!!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE TOP RATED BLOG RECIPES:
Baci di Dama - Italian Lady Kisses
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Hazelnuts, toasted - to be crushed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Packet Pane Angeli see below
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 stickd unsalted butter softened
- 10 oz semi sweet chocolate or chocolate candy melts see below
- 1 large egg
- Ground hazelnuts until it reaches a flour like consistency. Be careful not to over process! Cream together butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla. Continue to mix for an additional minute. Combine flour, ground hazelnuts and Italian baking powder in one bowl and gradually add to mixer. You should have a large soft ball of dough. Wrap dough in clear wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees f. Take a small piece of dough and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until no more dough. Bake in oven for aprox. 20 mins. Rotate pans in oven halfway through. Remove when slightly golden and cool on racks.
- Melt chocolate. Dollop a small spoonfull of chocolate into center of cookie, flat side up and then top with another cookie flat side down to form a sandwich. When all the cookies have been sandwiched together with chocolate. Drizzle tops of each cookie with reaminng chocolate. Refrierate to set.