Even though I really enjoy cooking, I always feel like I’ve grabbed the GOLD when I come across quick, easy meals that actually taste good. Especially when they have very few ingredients. Are you with me? If you are then this Pan Seared Panko Breaded Shrimp recipe is exactly what we are ALL looking for, a winning weeknight meal!
One of the reasons this dish is so great is because it’s an under 30 minute meal. There is some quick prep work in this recipe like halving the tomatoes and chopping up some fresh garlic and parsley, which won’t take more than 5-6 minutes. To really speed up the prep time, this recipe calls for pre-peeled and deveined shrimp. That is a huge time saver right there.
Not only is this shrimp recipe winning on time, but it’s also a big winner in the flavor department. I mean how can you go wrong with any dish complimented with butter, garlic, sweet cherry (or grape tomatoes) and for added texture panko bread crumbs.
In addition to time and taste, this one pot (pan) meal couldn’t be easier. Once you have the ingredients prepped and ready to go, you just sear the shrimp. The shrimp will turn pink on all sides when cooked through, this usually takes 6-8 minutes total. When shrimp turns pink just season them with salt and pepper, add those cut tomatoes, chopped garlic and some parsley. Continue to simmer for an additional 3-4 minutes. How easy is this dish? We’re less than 15 minutes in and this dish is nearly done…
Once the tomatoes have softened push down on some of them to release some liquid. Continue to cook the shrimp for a few more minutes, then add the panko breadcrumbs, the remaining fresh parsley and mix through. Remove the pan from heat and your are ready to serve. That’s it!
There you have it, the winningest shrimp dish ever (at least I think so). It’s quick, easy and most important of all, tasty! And let’s not forget all of this is done in one pan, so it’s also winning in the clean up department too. I’m not kidding when I say I feel like I hit it big with this recipe. I think once you’ve tried this dish you’ll also feel like the “Big Winner” of quick weeknight dinners.
This recipe was modified from Infinite Herbs
Pan Seared Shrimp
- 2 tablepsoons basil or parsley chopped
- 2 lbs shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1 quart cherry/grape tomatoes Village Farms
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste *
- Heat Butter in a large frying pan
- Sear the shrimp for about 3-4 minutes each side
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, half of the parsley salt and pepper. When the tomatoes soften, press down on a few with the back of a fork to give the dish some extra juice.
- Continue to cook another 3-4 minutes (or until shrimp is fully cooked)
- Mix in the panko breadcrumbs and remaining parsley, mix well and remove from the heat. Serve warm.