This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
Sometimes the best dishes are made out of necessity! Don’t you agree?
The other night I was in a pinch for a quick dinner and threw a few pantry staples together to get dinner on the table. Feeling a little bit like a contestant on one of those fun cooking shows, I was pressed for time and forced to use what was already in the fridge and pantry. Along with a package of thin chicken breasts I had on hand, I grabbed some baby bella mushrooms from the refrigerator along with my favorite Cento Pepper Strips in vinegar, chicken stock, Vermouth (dry white wine) and a few other staples like olive oil, flour, etc… With that I made this flavorful Chicken with Vinegar Peppers and Mushrooms dinner. Looks yummy right?!
You might know that I like to keep peppers in my pantry as well as mushrooms in my refrigerator. These are two items (in my opinion) that can bring a lot of flavor to any dish in a short amount of time. With these two staples on hand I was able to sear, saute and simmer a really flavorful chicken dish in less than 30 minutes. AND all in one skillet – which makes for easy cleanup and easy clean up is always a bonus, right?!
I hope you’ll give it a try – Happy Cooking and enjoy!
Chicken with Vinegar Peppers and Mushrooms
- 1 lb chicken breasts thin
- 1/4 cup flour
- 12 oz Jar of Vinegar Pepper Strips drained - juice reserved
- 8 oz of Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Vermouth dry
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tblsp. butter divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- fresh herbs
- Dredge chicken into seasoned flour and saute in a hot skillet with 1 tblsp. butter and olive oil until cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and butter to skillet and Saute mushrooms for 3-4 minutes;then add drained peppers and saute an additional 4 minutes. Add vermouth and stock. Bring to a slow simmer and then return chicken to the pan. Continue to cook on med heat for an additional 5-7 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Coat chicken in the sauce. Serve Warm.