This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
This corn and zucchini Saute is a great side dish for summer, well really anytime, and the flavors are also great. Its a simple, quick and versatile enough to be served warm or cold. I am calling it a summer side because it is made with all my favorite summer garden veggies: Corn, Zucchini, tomato, peppers, green onion and parsley
I found this recipe in a favorite cookbook of mine and modified it a bit to my liking. I hope you’ll give this flavorful corn and zucchini side dish a try. This was a quick dish so its a quick post! I served mine warm with a pulled pork roast sandwich with bbq sauce.
Happy cooking and enjoy!
Corn and Zucchini Side
- 12 oz frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon smart balance butter or olive oil
- 1 Medium zucchini diced
- 1 green italian frying cubanelle pepper diced
- 3 mini red peppers
- 1 large plum tomato diced
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley or cilantro your preference
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt to taste
- Heat smart balance or oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add diced zucchini and diced peppers. Saute the vegetables for a minute over med/high heat. Add the tomatoes and seasoning and combine. Then add the corn and saute for another 2-3 minutes uncovered on med/high heat. Cover the pan with a lid and continue to cook an additional 3-5 minutes. Remove cover and add the scallions and parsley(or cilantro), coat through, and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes. Serve warm or cold.