This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
You guys like easy recipes without a lot of ingredients, right? I’m pretty sure you do. I’ve got a recipe for you today that is borderline cheating.
The best part isn’t that it’s ea-s-yyy, but it’s cheap! It’s made with chuck roast which is one of those less expensive cuts of meat that when cooked properly will taste great! While this simple meal doesn’t cost beau-coup bucks to make, you will need a crock pot to make it happen.
I love to make this when I know we (meaning “me”) won’t have time to prep for dinner and cook at meal time. I personally think its a great dish to make in summer because while your haven some fun in the sun, this can be cooking away in the slow cooker. By the time your ready for some shade this will be ready to eat.
As much as I love to cook I really appreciate the simplicity and deliciousness of this dish.
Give it a try and let me know….
1 Chuck roast (aprox.3 lb)
1/2 cup water
2 tblsp. canola oil
1 package onion soup mix
1 package italian salad dressing seasoning mix
A few dashes of worcestershire sauce
Here’s what to do:
Prepare your roast by rubbing the dry italian salad dressing seasoning mix. Heat the oil and a deep pan or pot and sear your roast on all sides.
Once the meat is seared well transfer it to the crock pot. Add water the sauté pan/pot and scrape up the bits. Then add the onion soup mix and worcestershire. Stir everything together and then pour the entire contents from the pot over the meat in the crockpot. Then cover and set the crockpot on high for the first hour. After the first hour reduce the setting to low. Cook for another 7-8 hours.
Shred the meat and coat it in whatever juices remain. I like to let it sit in the juices a little before making the sandwiches.
E-z – right?!
We love them with provolone cheese – it is dee-lish!
Easy Shredded Chuck Roast Sandwiches
- 1 Chuck roast aprox.3 lb
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tblsp. canola oil
- 1 package lipton onion soup mix
- 1 package italian dressing seasoning mix
- A few dashes of worcestershire sauce
- Rub your roast all over with the dry italian dressing seasoning mix. Heat the oil in a deep pan or pot. Sear your roast on all sides. Then place in the crockpot.
- Add the water to the pot and scrape up the bits. Add the onion mix and worcestershire stir. Then pour the entire contents from the pot over the meat in the crockpot.
- Cover and set the crockpot on high for the first hour; then cook on low for another 8 hours (or until done). Shred the meat when ready and let marinate in the juices a bit. Serve on your favorite bun.