This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
I am super excited to be “guest” blogging for my wonderful friend “Tina” here at cheftini.com . This is a recipe that is actually a “Spin-off of an Easter Strata that my mom used to make for our annual Easter brunch. Traditionally she would always add Ham, broccoli and various cheeses but, my version is a tad bit lighter and gluten free with a ton of fresh veggies. Great for just about anytime of day and will totally make your mouth go a little bit “loco” for this mouth watering dish.
Gluten Free Three Cheese Veggie Strata
- 8 eggs
- 1 loaf Gluten free bread I prefer Udi's
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes quartered and chopped
- 1 large Zucchini julienned
- 1 large Summer Squash julienned
- 1/2 bundle Fresh Asparagus chopped
- 1/2 cup Three cheese blend ( Parmesan Asiago,Romano)
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper
- Torn fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Cut bread slices into cubes. Transfer bread cubes to a mixing bowl, add a few drizzle of olive oil, grated garlic, salt and pepper and combine. Lay cubes on a baking dish and bake for 8 mins till golden. Remove and add to the bottom of a "buttered" oven safe baking dish.
- Next, beat eggs in a bowl adding a dash of salt and pepper. Pour beaten eggs over bread cubes and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat on med high heat. Add olive oil and chopped tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes reduce down to the consistency of a "chunky" sauce ( about 10 mins). Pour tomatoes over bread cubes.
- Add prepared Zucchini,summer squash, asparagus on top of tomatoes and sprinkle some more salt and pepper( it's important to season every layer). Sprinkle cheese blend on top. Bake at 350 for approx 30-35 mins till top is brown and cheese is melted. Remove and let sit for about 10 mins. Add some torn fresh basil on top and serve.