This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
So it’s Tuesday … #TacoTuesday that is! I don’t usually post about Taco recipes in general but I recently purchased a Costco sized bag of Ruby Red Grapefruits and have been trying to come up with unique and creative ways to eat them. Using inspiration for another fish recipe garnished with grapefruits and avocados I swapped in grilled chicken and romaine lettuce to make this more of a salad dish. AND since it was Tuesday when I created this dish, I decided all of this citrusy avocado goodness should be nestled inside of a neat little flour tortilla bowl.
I’m not sure about you but I LOVE tortilla bowls! They are so much fun and really quite easy to make. All you need to do is warm your tortillas on both sides in a non stick pan. I use my favorite Rachael Ray Nonstick Skillet for this. Once toasted on both sides and while still warm, nestle the tortilla inside a deep cereal/rice bowl/ and allow it to set. Once it cools a bit you get this great little bowl that you can use for just about anything. If you want to read more about how to make a tortilla bowl check out this post for Vegetable Bean Tostadas.
With a little ingenuity and a few staples on hand this Ruby Red Grapefruit and Grilled Chicken happened and was sooo good! Like #AlltheNOMS good! You can play around with this recipe to your liking. It was perfect as is but I will say if I had Arugula salad on hand that would’ve been my green of choice. Try it with shrimp, scallops or even make it vegetarian with some chick peas or red kidney beans (well hmmm – now that’s a recipe idea for another time)!
Happy #TacoTuesday and enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Grapefruit Avocado Bowl
- 6 oz Grilled Chicken Breast marinated to taste
- 2 mediun Ruby Red Grapfruits peeled, sectioned and cut up
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped (or shredded)
- 1 Tblsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tblsp evoo
- 2-4 Flour tortillas
- 2 Tblsp Fresh Parsley/Cilantro chopped
- 1 Tblsp Chili LIme Seasoning Trader Joe's
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 medium shallot diced
- In a bowl mix together grapefruit, avocado, vinegar, evoo, chili lime seasoning, and chopped parsley (or cilantro). Set aside
- Heat up tortillas (one at a time) in a non stick skillet on both sides until lightly toasted. Place warm tortilla inside a deep bowl, let cool, remove and repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Evenly fill each bowl with chopped romaine lettuce, top with grapefruit/grilled chicken mixture and a few sprinkles of shredded cheese. Enjoy!