This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
I feel like I have shared so many savory dishes lately I owe y’all a little sweet treat! With Halloween off in the not so distant future, and chocolate on my mind, I thought it would be the perfect time to share these homemade chocolate truffles.
You are gonna love how easy these are to do and how tasty they are too. But you will need a little lead time to prepare them since they need to set before coating and eating.
So when you have a little extra time, roll up your sleeves, hide the scale, break out the “champs”, and get ready to make these decadent no bake treats.
Easy Homemade Chocolate Truffles
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sifted Cocoa Powder Like Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 - 14 oz - can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or other flavored extract
- Toppings: cocoa powder chopped nuts, coconut, espresso,
- Melt butter and then gradually add the cocoa powder; stir the mixture until smooth
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and stir until thick, smooth, and glossy. Remove from the heat and mix in the vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours (or until firm)
- Scoop chocolate out using a 1" melon baller then gently roll with hands to form a smooth ball, Roll chocolate truffle into topping of choice . Refrigerate for 2 hours and enjoy. Store uneaten truffles (if you have any!) in the refrigerator sealed inside of an airtight container.