I feel like I have shared so many savory dishes lately I owe y’all a little sweet treat! With Halloween off in the not so distant future, and chocolate on my mind, I thought it would be the perfect time to share these homemade chocolate truffles.
So when you have a little extra time, roll up your sleeves, hide the scale, break out the “champs”, and get ready to make these decadent no bake treats.
Easy Homemade Chocolate Truffles
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sifted Cocoa Powder Like Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 - 14 oz - can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or other flavored extract
- Toppings: cocoa powder chopped nuts, coconut, espresso,
- Melt butter and then gradually add the cocoa powder; stir the mixture until smooth
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and stir until thick, smooth, and glossy. Remove from the heat and mix in the vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours (or until firm)
- Scoop chocolate out using a 1" melon baller then gently roll with hands to form a smooth ball, Roll chocolate truffle into topping of choice . Refrigerate for 2 hours and enjoy. Store uneaten truffles (if you have any!) in the refrigerator sealed inside of an airtight container.