This Leeks and Roasted Asparagus Frittata recipe is so versatile and a great go to meal on busy nights, The only thing missing on this menu is a nice fresh, spring salad.
I’m not sure about you BUT I am SO ready for spring! I’m truly over all the unseasonable weather that has hit my neck of the woods the last month or so. I think Mother Nature forgot to “spring forward” last month but not me. I’m thinking spring and channeling the warmer weather with this Leeks and Roasted Asparagus Frittata.
Not only is this frittata a quick and flavorful meal, it’s perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner. It also doesn’t require a lot of prep. It just requires a simple saute of the leeks and mushrooms and a 10-15 minute oven roast of the asparagus.
All of which could easily be prepared in advance if you like. Once the vegetables are prepared and cooled slightly, they’re just mixed them together with the eggs and cheeses.
To finish up the dish, the egg mixture is poured into a greased, non stick skillet and cooked through on both sides. When cooked through just transfer to a dish and serve warm.
Whether you are wishing for the warmer weather like me or just looking for a great, flavorful meal, save this recipe below and you’ll be springing forward in no time. Happy Cooking!
*This post contains commissionable Amazon Affiliate Product links – ALL suggestions are my own*
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THESE TOP BLOG RECIPES:
Leeks and Roasted Asparagus Frittata
- 6-8 eggs 6 xl - 8 large
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed and chopped on the diagonal
- 8 Oz Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup grated Grueyere cheese
- 3-4 tblsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 f. Place asparagus on baking sheet. Season with s&p and drizzle all over with olive oil. Toss asparagus in the oil. Roast in oven for 15 mins. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute leeks with 1-2 Tblsps of olive oil for 3-4 minutes, add mushrooms and sauté another 4 Mins. Add Asparagus to combine. Taste For seasoning and add s&p as desired. Set aside in a bowl.
- In a large bowl scramble eggs,season to taste, add cheese and mix through. Add cooled vegetables and mix through.
- In same skillet. Add a tablespoon more of olive oil if needed, let heat up and then add the egg mixture.
- As eggs set up pull away from the edges of the pan with a spoon or spatula. When mostly set in the center, slide onto a plate. Then cover the pan with a large plate and CAREFULLY lift pan by handle and flip over back into the pan. Continue to cook on the other side until completely cooked through and puffs up.
- Transfer to a plate and serve.