This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
Spring has finally sprung! For some of us this means even longer days with less time to cook. Whether your work day is hectic, or you’re busy running around between sporting events, aren’t we all in need of some quick and flavorful dinner ideas?
This Lemon Basil Chicken is the perfect fit for any schedule. With a few simple ingredients, all you need to do is coat, sear and simmer. Follow these steps and you’ll have this homemade meal on the table in about 30 minutes (or so).
I promise this chicken tastes as good as it looks. You can stop licking your phone now and start licking your plate because here’s the quick recipe rundown.
1. Coat: After you have cleaned your chicken you need to coat it through some lightly seasoned flour. Just a light dusting is good. Shake off any excess.
2. Sear: Heat the olive oil and butter in an oven proof skillet. Sear the chicken on both sides until cooked through;all the juices should run clear.
Once the chicken is cooked through remove it from the pan and set it aside on a covered dish. 3. Simmer: Add the wine and chicken stock and simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream, lemon juice and basil. Continue to let the sauce simmer for another 5 minutes,or until the sauce thickens a bit. Simmer: Return the chicken to the pan and allow it to simmer in the sauce for an additional 5 minutes – or until chicken is throughly cooked through. Turn the chicken over in the pan and spoon the sauce over it to make sure it is all coated. TIP: If your chicken is on the thicker side, use an oven proof skillet and once you have returned the chicken to the pan, coat it through the sauce and then place it into a hot 400 degree F oven for about 10-12 minutes. This is an extra step to making sure your chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
Now how quick and easy was that! In no time you can coat, sear and simmer your way to a fantastic home cooked weeknight meal.
Happy Cooking and enjoy!
Lemon Basil Chicken
- 4-5 thin chicken breasts
- Flour for dredging aprox. 1/2 cup
- 2 tblspoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- 1/3 cup of chicken stock
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 handful of fresh basil chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Coat chicken breasts in seasoned flour. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat- just until butter melts. Add the chicken and sauté until golden brown on each side and cooked through. Remove and set aside to a covered dish.
- Add the wine and stock and bring to a simmer. Stir in the cream, lemon, basil, and bring to a simmer.Return chicken to the pan and continue to simmer. Coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve warm.
A word about Amazon Links: from time to time I post links to amazon for products that I use in a specific blog post. I do receive credit from amazon if you purchase this item through the direct link, but I NEVER post or suggest a product that I do not use or sincerely recommend.