This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
This lemon zesty farfalle primavera is a farm to table pasta recipe made from a trip to the local farmer’s market.
It’s mid July and those summer garden veggies are starting to bloom. Sadly, we didn’t grow a garden this year. But as luck would have it, there’s an amazing Farmers’ Market every Sunday within walking distance to my house. This week I picked some beautiful zucchini (summer squash), tomatoes, and fresh herbs (among other things).
This dish makes a perfect summer meal. It’s light, refreshing and of course quick to make. I used summer zucchini, baby bella mushrooms and freshly chopped tomatoes with a hint of lemon and fresh herbs in my recipe, but you can have this quick and nutritious dinner on the table with your favorite veggies in thirty minutes or so.
If you are lucky enough to have your own summer garden and even if you’re not, you should try this recipe for a Summer “Primavera”. Or as with any recipe, use it as an inspiration of sorts to create your own vegetable pasta dish of choice. I hope you are all enjoying summer and Happy Cooking!
Zesty Lemon Farfalle Primavera
- 1 lb Farfalle Pasta or similar
- 4 Cups of chopped Zucchini and/or yellow squash
- 16 oz of Chopped Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped
- 2 Lemons - zested and juiced
- 3-4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Chopped Fresh Parsley and Chopped Fresh Basil
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- Splash of White Wine optional
- Grated Parmesan/Romano Cheese
- Cook Pasta in Salted boiling water
- While pasta cooks saute sliced mushrooms over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes; add the zucchini and continue to saute and additional 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and garlic, some chopped basil and parsley, season with salt and pepper and saute on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add optional wine, stock and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat for an additional 2-3 minutes; add the lemon zest and stir. Vegetables should be firm but tender.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pot and toss with the vegetables, grated cheese and more fresh basil.