This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
We had a late baseball game last night and first question after the game was “whats for dinner, mom?” I really had nothing planned. Thinking quickly of what I had leftover, I remembered the dozen or so meatballs in the fridge from Sunday dinner. Since it was too late to boil some pasta, I pulled out my favorite Naan Tandoori bread and decided to make Meatball Sliders. I seasoned the bread with olive oil, garlic and grated Parmesan cheese and baked in a really hot oven, when done cut into squares and topped with meatball,sauce, cheese,etc..
In less than 30 minutes dinner was served!
Thought they were so cute and really wanted to share…
NOTE: This is a very loose recipe based on the ingredients and quantities that I had on hand – you can adjust it based on your needs and quantities.
Also, I dont make large meatballs so here is a picture of my meatballs to give you an idea of the size..
P.S. I REALLY COUNT ON YOUR FEEDBACK – BE IT GOOD OR BAD – SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMMENT IF YOU’VE TRIED ANY OF THESE DISHES!! MANY THANKS!
Meatball Sliders with Naan Bread
- 1 Package of Naan Tandoori Bread
- 8-10 Medium Size Meatballs like golf ball size
- Tomato Sauce
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Mozzarella cheese for melting
- 1 clove of garlic slightly smashed
- olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 450
- Remove the 2 pieces of Naan bread from the packaging and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, rub the smashed garlic clove all over the bread and then sprinkle each with parmesan cheese. Using you fingsrs rub it all into the bread.
- Place in the oven on baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until slightlly browned
- When done remove from oven and cut
- In a pot warm through meatballs and sauce into 6-8 squares (depends on the size of the bread)
- When done cut each meatball in half and place (2) halves on one square and then top with sauce, grated cheese and a little mozzarella cheese (if desired you can broil for a moment to melt cheese)
- Top with another half of Naan bread and hold together with a toothpick.
- Serve alone as an appetizer or with a salad
Obviously, if you only have 6 meatballs then make one loaf of the Naan bread.
Also, if your meatballs are on the larger size then just one half per slider is reccommended.