One day over the summer I unexpectedly was stranded with no car and had nothing prepared for dinner. My refrigerator was kinda bare and I was in a serious pinch. I literally threw a bunch of items together from my kitchen and tried to pull something together…
Here it is, a dish born out of sheer necessity to eat I present my Mexican-Italian Egg Casserole.
Or as I call it my “Mexi-ki-talian Casserole” (I’m not so good with the phonetics but you get the idea.)
It’s not a “Top Chef” recipe or anything but it sure is a tasty fusion of Italian and Mexican cheeses, eggs, hash brown potatoes and sweet Italian sausage.
I recommend giving this recipe a try even when you’re not in a pinch. As Always, let me know what you think in the comments below. You can also click the social media icons below to share it with your friends.
As a side note: you could go meatless with this by eliminating the sausage.
Mexican Italian Egg Casserole
- 10 Large Eggs Scrambled
- 1 20 OZ bag of Trader Joe's Hash browns
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 cup of chopped provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup half n half
- salt n pepper to taste
- 1.5 lbs cooked italian sausage removed from casing
- cooking spray
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove sausage from casing and brown in a saute pan. When cooked drain and set aside.
- Grease a 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread hash browns (evenly) on the bottom of the pan. Add sausage and shredded cheeses (except parmesan cheese) evenly on top.
- In a bowl mix 10 large eggs, half n half, grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. After mixing egg mixture pour over potatoes and sausage. Bake in oven for 40 minutes (or until done).