This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
Winner, Winner, Peaches and pork chop dinner!
It’s the perfect time of year for this winning sweet and savory combination. If you love peaches and you love pork chops, then this Panko Breaded Pork Chop with Peach-Balsmaic Relish recipe is for you.
Eesh, that was a tongue twister. It was actually harder to say that than it is to make this dish. Believe it or not, this meal CAN be on the table in about 3o minutes!
To start this dish you will need 3/4″ rib end pork chops (on or off the bone).
NOTE: I prepared my chops on the bone.
For the breading use a mixture of both panko and regular breadcrumbs. Before coating each chop with the bread dip into an egg wash mixture of egg, water and grated parmesan cheese.
Once coated heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Then begin to heat vegetable oil (I use olive oil) in a large oven proof sauté pan and sear the chops on both sides. Once seared place into the hot oven and cook until done. About 20 minutes or until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
In the meantime begin to prepare your peach relish. Which is a simple mix of diced peaches, chopped scallions, chopped basil, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper.
Allow the mix to sit in the refrigerator while your chops cook.
Once the chops are cooked through carefully remove them from the oven and plate. Garnish each chop with a dollop of the peach relish and enjoy!
Breaded Panko Pork Chops with Peach Relish
- 4 in Rib End Pork Chops - Bone3/4" thick
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium peaches diced
- 1 scallion diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Place bread crumbs in a bowl/dish. Mix egg, water and Parmesan together in a separate dish.
- Season chops with salt and pepper (Unless using seasoned breadcrumbs)
- Heat oil in a large oven safe sauté pan. Place the chops in the pan and sear on med/high heat on first side until golden brown (about 4 minutes) Flip over and sear 2 minutes more than place in the oven (middle/top rack)
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until done. Internal temperature should reach 160 degrees F.
- While chops cook prepare peach relish: dice 2 peaches and combine with chopped green onion and basil. Season with pepper and balsamic vinegar. Refrigerate until ready use.
- Carefully remove from oven.
- Plate pork chops and garnish with peach relish.