It’s Wednesday .. whatcha cookin? If you aren’t sure, how bout these tortilla pizzas made using leftover Pork Cutlets and Broccoli Rabe!
If you’re like me there is always that one day during the week when your fridge is full of leftovers and you’re in the dinner time crunch. Although this can pretty much be the story of my life, this often seems to be my truth every Wednesday night. So much so, that I’ve actually declared it my official night for leftovers.
This week it happens to be leftover pork cutlets and broccoli rabe. I had about 2 cutlets and barely a half cup of broccoli rabe leftover from the other night. Alone they are not enough to feed a family of four, but plenty enough to spread out among some leftover tortillas I keep in the refrigerator for a #tacotuesday. These Tortilla pizzas could not be easier to make and honestly are quite filling. Especially when you have a good amount of protein to them.
Tortilla pizzas are pretty versatile and could easily be made with just about any leftover meats and veggies. I’ve done classic margarita style tortilla pizza, leftover pulled pork tortilla pizza, and even just leftover veggie pizza tortilla pizzas too. The options are endless as to what could go on your tortilla pizzas. The key is to crisp the tortilla up a bit before putting anything on it. This makes the delicate tortilla strong enough to hold the toppings. Equally important is to make sure not to over saturate the crust. In this case less is more.
Pantry Tip: Keep tortillas and flatbreads in your pantry or freezer for quick go to meals like this one
Of course this is also when a well stocked pantry might come in a little handy too. I used my olive oil spray to give the tortilla that extra crunch and I always have some grated parmesan and mozzarella in my refrigerator. But in all honestly, even if you had to make a quick stop at your local grocery store for a few of the items, you could be in and out in no time.
Pantry Tip: Keep an inventory of your pantry staples so you always have them on hand for when you’re in a pinch
Now go check the fridge, grab some tortillas, cheese, and make some tortilla pizzas!
Pizza Tortillas with leftover Pork Cutlets and Broccoli Rabe
- 2 Breaded Pork Cutlets cut into strips
- 1/2 cup Broccoli di rabe (rapini) sauteed in garlic and oil, chopped
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 4 Soft Tortilla Wraps or as many as needed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre heat oven to 400 f. Place tortillas on parchment lined baking sheet. Spritz or brush lightly with extra virgin olive oil. Bake in oven for about 5 mins.
- Remove tortillas from the oven, sporadically place the pork cutlet strips and broccoli rabe around. Leaving space around the edges. Sprinkle with grated cheese and shredded mozzarella. Put back into the oven, top rack for another 5 minutes.
- Remove, slice and enjoy!