With back to school week in full swing, so is the #whatsfordinner meal time crunch. This Portobello Arugula Panini is the perfect go to dish for those busy nights when you are on the go. It’s hearty, filling and simple to make. Pair it up with your favorite soup and you have another mealtime dinner winner!
There really isn’t much more to say about this one other than make it and let me know what you think! Have a great week …
You might also be interested in the most searched blog recipes:
Portobello Arugula Panini
- 2 Portobello Mushroom caps Cleaned, de gilled and stem removed
- 1 Package of MINI Naan Style Bread
- 1 small shallot sliced
- 1 Large Tomato sliced
- 2 Slices Sharp Provolone or other cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- grated parmesan
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In a skillet, saute the sliced shallots in a little olive oil. Slice cleaned mushrooms into strips. Season with salt and pepper. Add to pan and continue to saute for about 5 minutes until golden in color. Then deglaze the pan with a little red wine vinegar, continue to cook a few minutes more and remove from pan to cool off.
- Carefully separate two pieces of Naan Style "Mini" bread. Lay out bottom slice on a dish. Evenly distribute the mushroom, shallot mix between the two halves. In a bowl whisk together 4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Pour over arugula salad, seasoned with salt, pepper and 2 tblsp. of grated parmesan cheese. Top with arugula mixture, sliced tomato, and a slice of provolone cheese. Top each piece with other half.
- Reheat the same saute skillet with a little cooking spray. Place the panini on the grill. Cook on medium heat (don't let the crust burn). Carefully flip over when first side is golden brown. Press down on the sandwich if you can while it's cooking. When both sides are golden brown remove from pan and let stand before slicing.