This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
When I know it’s going to be a busy day and no time to cook I sometimes buy a Rotisserie Chicken from Costco. I usually make a salad and a quick rice/potato dish and it’s like a quick 20 minute dinner – my version of fast food.
Usually we have chicken left and more often than not we share that meat with our beloved dog.
The other night I decided Fido was out of luck and saved the chicken instead. Yesterday was a late night of baseball with the kids so I grabbed some extras from the fridge and mixed it all up…
…here’s my version of a healthy chicken salad:
- mango (1/2 cubed)
- Romaine hearts (1 heart)
- Plum Tomato (1/2 tomato diced)
- red onion (1/4 of a medium onion diced)
- green olive (teaspoon)
- and of course the left over chicken breast (about 5 oz)
- Plain Greek yogurt (a few tablespoons)
- Dijon mustard (teaspoon)
- leftover lemon/apple-cider vinaigrette (1-2 tablespoons)
- chopped parsley
- if I had avocado that would have gone in to
- I did squeeze a little lime juice over the salad but added no extra oil or dressing.
Mixed it all together…refrigerated for a few hours (more time in the fridge will = more flavor). I did squeeze a little lime juice over the salad but added no extra oil or dressing.
As a side note:
- This was definitley a salad for 2 maybe 3 — But for a no-bake summer meal triple the ingredients above and pick apart a whole chicken rotisserie chicken for a larger meal .
- Make this salad meatfree buy substituting chick peas for the chicken
I know I haven’t re-invented the wheel here but I though it was a good way to reuse some left over rotisserie chicken and clear out the fridge without wasting the food.
Thanks for stopping by today….hope you’ll check out some of my other recipes on the blog 🙂