Today is National Corn Fritter Day !
I found this easy recipe on the Jiffy Mix Website last year. On a whim I decided to give this a try for the first time.I happened to have a box of Jiffy Corn Mix in the pantry from Thanksgiving. I checked the expiration date in case your wondering 🙂 I also made a quick dip to go with it…again it was what I had on hand.
- I added at least a cup of fzozen corn (may have even been a 1 1/2 cups)
- I also added a little chili powder to give it a kick
- I added a tablesooon of melted butter
- In the futire I would add some bell pepper (which i didnt have on hand).
To be honest I thought this would be really simple but it did take a few tries to get em’ right! Here’s the recipe I followed – I suggest making the modifications ablove!
“JIFFY” Corn Fritters (10-12 Pieces)
- 1 pkg.”JIFFY” Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- frying oil
Preheat oil in deep fryer or on griddle to 400°F. Combine all ingredients except oil. Blend well. Drop by tablespoon into hot oil or onto prepared griddle. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towel and serve. Print or save this Recipe below
The dip was basically the following ingredients:
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tblsp mayo *
- 1/2 c upsour cream*
- red onion,chives,parsley (would have used cilantro if i had it) some salt, pepper and lemon juice. All mixed up in the mini processor.
- **TRY SUBSTITUTING THE MAYO AND SOUR CREAM WITH A 1 1/4 CUP OF PLAIN GREEK YOGURT**
Remember recipes for cooking are always an approximation. For example, seasoning can be to your taste – use the quantities as a guideline.