Are you looking for an easy and yummy spinach and egg white recipe for your next morning meal, lunch, brunch or dinner? Well look no further than these Spinach Frittata Cupcakes. Baked in a muffin pan, these frittata cupcakes are simple to prepare, figure friendly, and couldn’t be more convenient for future use.
Although not a traditional frittata, all you need to make these savory cupcakes is egg whites, frozen spinach, cheese and of course a cupcake/muffin pan. Just whisk up the ingredients, bake them, and serve. They make the most delicious and adorable addition to any meal. You can also prepare them in a mini muffin pan and they will do double duty as an appetizer for your next gathering.
And the best part …. they aren’t t bad for you! These are low in fat and packed with nutritional value from spinach and protein from the egg whites and cheese. Another great health benefit is that they are baked and not fried.
In addition to being simple to make and healthy, these little cuties make a terrific make ahead meal. Save any uneaten frittata cakes and freeze them for future use. You can pull them out of the freezer and reheat them in the oven in about 10 minutes.
I don’t think you can go wrong with these mini frittata cakes for any meal. Give them a try and of course let me know what you think!
Individual Spinach Frittata Cupcakes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Frozen Spinach defrosted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 2 oz parmesan
- 1 Cup Frozen Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes defrosted
- Pre-heat oven 400 degrees F
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cheeses and spinach;
- Grease a 6 cup Muffin/cupcake pan. Place a tablespoon (or so) of hashbrown into the well of each muffin cup. Fill each cup with egg mixture 2/3rds full and bake for 20 minutes.