This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
I received complimentary cheese from @Sartori_Cheese but as always opinions are my own. #SeasonOfCheesin’
Thanks to the good folks at Sartori Cheese It’s the #SeasonOfCheesin’ and I’ve got a delicious sausage stuffed portobello mushroom recipe that’s smothered in a Dolcina Gorgonzola Cream sauce. Filled with flavorful garlic croutons, crumbled sausage, and Aged Asiago cheese these hearty stuffed mushrooms will make the perfect addition to your New Year festivities. Actually, they make perfect appetizers for any occasion while also making the perfect dinner for a quick weeknight meal.
To learn more about other products made by Sartori Cheese please visit their website here and if you are interested in giving this cheese a try please visit their online Cheese Shop .
As always use my recipe as a guide and make this dish your own. Happy cooking and enjoy!
Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps stems removed and cleaned of gills
- 1 cup garlic croutons - crushed
- 1 small shallot diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup cooked crumbled sausage
- Handful fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Sartori Aged Asiago cheese
- GORGONZOLA CREAM SAUCE
- 5 oz crumbled Sartori Gorgonzola
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Saute shallots and garlic in olive oil; add the sausage and chopped parsley and mix Together. Add breadcrumbs and coat through the mixture. Add grated Asiago cheese and mix. Scoop filling into mushroom caps and bake for aprox. 15-20 minutes.
- For the cream sauce: melt together heavy cream, Dolcina gorgonzola and butter. Bring to a simmer.
- Drizzle the cream sauce over the mushrooms and enjoy.