This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
Roasted Broccoli and Cavatelli Pasta
Today was just one of those days! I was so busy planning for the upcoming Easter holiday, that I realized late in the day I hadn’t planned for dinner! Luckily, I usually keep stock of certain items. After looking through my kitchen staples and despite the fact that spring/summer are right around the corner, I decided on the carbolicious combo of “Cavatelli with Roasted Broccoli”.
I am a huge fan of keeping cavatelli and a few bags of frozen broccoli florets in my freezer. I also use a lot of garlic, so I like to keep fresh peeled garlic in the fridge (my grocery store sells it in the produce aisle). Oh, and of course some sort of olive oil and grated cheese can always be found in my kitchen.
I hope you enjoy this easy family favorite!
Until we cook again….
Cavatelli with Broccoli
- 1 1/2 lbs frozen broccoli florets defrosted and drained of liquid
- 1 lb of cavatelli pasta
- 6 cloves of garlic peeled
- 3/4 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices of pancetta or regular bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste *
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cook 6 slices of pancetta either on the stove top (like bacon). Let stand a few minutes. Then crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put defrosted broccoli florets in a roasting pan. Mix together 6 cloves of garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Remember pancetta/bacon is salty. Place in the oven ( I like the middle of the oven) and roast for about 15-20 minutes. Add pancetta during last 5 minutes of roasting.
- If finished before pasta set aside and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and stir a bit to avoid sticking.
- Boil until cooked (slightly firm - not too soft). Drain pasta - reserving a cup of hot liquid
- Pour cooked pasta and reserved cooking liquid to the pan with grated parmesan cheese and stir. Transfer to a serving platter/bowl