This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
This Vegetable Bean Tostada recipe requires little prep and simple ingredients. Get this healthy-ish, home cooked meal on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Tired of the same old #MeatlessMonday recipes or just want a new meat free dish to add to your weekly menu, then this Vegetable Bean Tostada recipe is for you. There is nothing not to love about this meatless meal. It’s a quick meal, packed with flavor and low in fat and calories.
From start to finish you can feasibly get this meal on the table in the 20 minutes.
Are you ready to give this meat-free tostada a try? Of course you are….. so I’m gonna stop talking so you can start cookin’.
This is a very shoppable meal whether you’re making a pit stop at the local grocery store or ordering online from a company like Instacart, for home delivery gathering the ingredients for this vegetable bean tostada recipe should be pretty easy. Here’s what you’ll need…
Make this Recipe Now
Shop ingredients for this recipe via Instacart here! Pickup or Delivery
Get your groceries and essentials delivered in as fast as 1 hour via Instacart. Free delivery on your first order. Min $10 req. Terms apply.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
HOW TO MAKE A TOSTADA
To get started on these tostadas the first thing you should do is heat up a large skillet with cooking spray over medium heat and cook the tortillas for about 30 seconds per side. Then set aside and keep warm.
In the same pan you’ll need to add a touch of vegetable oil (like tsp. or so) and saute your mushrooms and slaw until tender. This will take about 5 minutes.
Set aside the vegetables and then warm up the refried beans for a few minutes on until completely warmed through. Then spread the beans mixture over the warm tortillas. Place in a deep dish to create a bowl effect.
Top each tortilla with the vegetable mixture, chopped tomatoes, avocado, cheese, sour cream, scallions and cilantro.
The recipe should yield 4 tostadas.
I hope you like the recipe and will give it a try the next time you are looking to change up your meat-free menu.
With its simple ingredients and light prep, you will have this flavorful and healthy vegetable tostada on the table in 20 minutes.
Happy Cooking – Enjoy!
Vegetable Bean Tostadas
- 4 Whole Wheat or Whole Grain Tortillas 6"-8"
- 1 cup Sliced White Mushrooms
- 2 cups Shredded California Slaw or similar
- 1 can of Vegetarian Refried Bean - 14oz, spicy optional
- 1 Cup Fresh Tomato;chopped
- 1 Whole Avocado;chopped
- 4 Tblsp. Shredded Mexican Cheese optional low fat
- 4 Tblsp. Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- non-stick cooking spray
- Chopped Scallions and Cilantro for garnish
- Heat up a large skillet with cooking spray over medium heat and cook tortillas for about 30 seconds per side;set aside and keep warm.
- In the same pan add vegetable oil and saute mushrooms and slaw until tender - for about 5 minutes. Set aside and keep warm
- Warm refried beans for 2 minutes (or until heated through). Spread the refried beans over each tortilla. Then evenly top each tortilla with the vegetables, tomato, avocado, cheese, sour cream, scallion and cilantro.
- Then serve.
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup shredded carrots
WANT TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE #MeatlessMonday recipe?
- Do you have a favorite #MeatlessMonday recipe? I would LOVE to hear it!
- Comment below to share your idea
- Make sure you subscribe to the blog because I will send a $5 Starbucks e-Gift Card to the first 5 “subscribers“ that share a recipe or tip.