Today I am sharing these decadent Tiramisu inspired cookie balls. If you like Tiramisu then you will LOVE this yummy bite size version.
My little tiramisu secret is to use flavored coffee creamer in the filling.
Since these little bites are a sequel to my Oreo Cookie Bites I’ll just give you the recipe. You can refer to the Oreo Cookie Bites for the play by play http://cheftini.com/oreo-cookie-truffle-bites/
The steps are almost exact with the exception of the ingredients. I also opted to make a chocolate caramel sauce to drizzle over the top. Which was basically melted chocolate, melted butter and caramel sauce. I placed in a squeeze bottle and drizzled. I will share some of the photos I took along way:
- 1 container aprox 8 oz of Mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons (or to taste) of Bailey's Toffee Almond Cream coffee creamer
- 1 cup Savoiardi cookies finely crushed (hard lady fingers)
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon nilla wafers finely crushed
- 1 Hershey Dark Special Bar
- 1 Bag of semi sweet chocolate chips 10 oz
- Tablespoon of shortening or vegetable oil
- Optional: sprinkles; white chocolate for melting, or crumble extra cookies (for topping)
- Cream the first 4 ingredients together. Add the coffee creamer last to flavor to taste. Then after crushing the cookies add to the mixture and thoroughly combine. Cover with saran and refrigerate for at least one hour. Prepare a lined baking sheet/tray. Melt dark chocolate and chips in a double boiler - add a tablespoon of vegetable oil/shortening to thin out the mixture. Roll dough into balls - about half the size of a teaspoon. Drop the balls into the mixture and with spoon coat the balls
- Remove with a fork - tapping to remove excess chocolate. Transfer to baking sheet
- Either sprinkle with more crumbled cookies or non-perils. Refrigerate/freeze until hard.
- I strongly recommend freezing these overnight before serving and to serve very cold.
- melt white chocolate and place in a squeeze bottle or using a spoon - drizzle over the tops of the hardened cookie
- Note: After dipping in the chocolate I drizzled with a chocolate caramel sauce and crushed lady fingers and toasted almonds.