This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
I recently bought a jar of Castelvetrano Olives from Costco. These Italian olives are from Sicily and grown in a small town near – yep you guessed it – Castelvetrano. I had never had these olives before, but I was drawn to their intensely green color and had to give them a try.
Not knowing what to expect from these little beauties, I was surprised to find that they were a little sweet and salty. I’m certainly glad I gave them a try – they are remarkably good.
I recently added a few Castelvetrano Olives olives to a simple Arugula Salad made with crushed toasted hazelnuts, cranberry raisins, a little parmigiano reggiano, and some evoo with a touch of fresh lemon juice – it was so good!
In addition to making a great addition to this arugula salad, Castelvetrano Olives make a great addition to any antipasto platter. They pair very nicely with parmesan cheese, fresh mozzarella, nuts, salami, and fruits.
We enjoyed them on #gameday this past weekend.
Try this arugula salad with Castelvetrano Olives at your next family gathering. Happy Cooking (or eating in this case :)!
Arugula Salad with Hazelnuts, craisins, and Castelvetrano Olives
- 5 oz package of baby Arugula
- 1/4 cup of craisins
- 1/4 cup of toasted hazelnuts - to be crushed
- 1/4 cup of castelvetrano olives or other green olive
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- Wash and dry arugula. Crush toasted hazelnuts in a self sealing bag and set aside.
- Place arugula in a salad bowl and add the olives, craisins, and toasted hazlenuts. Season with ground black pepper, grated parmesan and then drizzle over the olive oil and lemon juice right before serving.