It’s Monday and this morning I woke up eager to get my fitness goals back on track! With strawberries in season and a fridge full of greens and healthful snacks, I decided to make this Strawberry Mozzarella Arugula Salad with Pine Nuts and a simple balsamic vinaigrette.
Not only is this an aesthetically pleasing salad, you’ll just love all the different flavors that come from just a few simple ingredients. I personally love the combination of the peppery bite from the arugula combined with the sweetness from the strawberries, the creaminess from the mozzarella and the mild nuttiness from the pine nuts. Add in that tangy touch from the balsamic vinaigrette and you really can not go wrong with this around healthful salad.
Also, in addition to adding great flavor to the salad, those pine nuts also provide some great benefits. Not only are they a natural appetite suppressant, but they also provide anti aging antioxidants along with energy boosting nutrients. All the the things this lady needs to keep those health and fitness goals on track!
Whether you pack it for lunch or prepare it for a crowd, this colorful salad will make the most beautiful addition to your meal time tablescape.
Strawberry Mozzarella Ball Arugula Salad
- 8 oz Mozzarella Balls like Belgioioso
- 2 cups strawberries sliced in half
- 4 oz Pine Nuts
- 4 cups Arugula Salad
- Balsamic Vinaigrette 2 parts Evoo & 1 part balsamic vinegar
- Place arugula in a salad bowl. Top with strawberries, mozzarella balls, and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together oil and vinegar. Shake vigorously to emulsify and drizzle lightly over salad.