This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
Broccoli Cupcakes that were posted on Facebook the week of August 11th….
The recipe called for bisquick, eggs, cheddar cheese, milk and chopped frozen broccoli florets.
NOTE: when buying frozen broccoli look for the word “florets” – this will ensure your getting plenty of broccoli and not a whole lot of stems!
Here’s all you do:
Boil the broccoli florets in water and drain them and chop them up. While the broccoli is cooling measure out the ingredients for the rest of the dish. Whisk milk and eggs into the bisquick and then add the drained chopped broccoli. Mix together with a pinch of salt. Add the cheese and mixed again. After greasing a cupcake pan with cooking spray fill the pan with the broccoli mix – about 2/3 rds full – and then place into a pre heated oven on the middle rack. Broccoli cupcakes will be cooked in about 20 minutes. When done remove and serve warm. This is a pretty basic recipe and is actually pretty good.
I think these would be great baked in a mini muffin pan and used as an appetizer or side dish on a buffet table.
Broccoli Puff Cupcakes
- 1 Cup Bisquick
- 16 oz frozen broccoli florets
- 1 1/4 cups of Cheddar Cheese or another cheese of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Pre heat oven 325 degrees F
- Cook broccoli florets according to package, let cool and chop up
- Whisk together bisquick, milk, eggs and salt/pepper
- Add the chopped broccoli and combine
- Add the cheese and mix again
- Grease well a cupcake pan with cooking spray
- Pour broccoli mix into cupcake pan about 2/3rds full (no more or it will spill over)
- Bake on the middle rack in the oven for 20 minutes
- Let cool a few moments, remove from pan and serve warm.