This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
This is an easy recipe for Chicken Cutlets in a Lemon Parsley Sauce that can be made the same day or a day in advance. Either way it makes a great addition to your weekly dinner menu plan!
Growing up, my mother always made the best chicken and veal cutlets. The meat was always cut thin, then dredged in egg wash and breadcrumbs, and then fried in olive oil and butter to a golden brown perfection. When they were done, she patted off any excess oil on a paper towel and then served them with slices of fresh lemon wedges.
Like most of my mother’s dishes, it was definitely a favorite of mine. Actually, chicken cutlets in general are just a go to comfort food for me. I think in any culture, fried chicken is just yummy!
There are few savory indulgences I allow myself these days and fried chicken cutlets is one of them. Although I try not to fry them too often, sometimes there just isn’t anything better! That is, unless you fry them and then bake them in a lemon parsley sauce. It really just changes it up a bit and adds an additional level of lemony goodness. And when it’s done, you have a yummy sauce that can go along with any side of pasta or rice. Here’s the recipe – give a try….
..oh and you can make this in advance. It actually tastes even better because the chicken really gets more of that lemon flavor. Just remember to let the baking dish come to room temperature before putting into the hot oven.
Happy cooking and enjoy!
Chicken Cutlets with Lemon Parsley Sauce
- 1.5 lb thinly sliced chicken breast
- 2-3 eggs - mixed well
- 1 cup bread crumbs + 1grated parmesan Mixed together or Romano
- Canola oil for frying chicken
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup vermouth/dry white wine
- 1 lemon sliced
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves chopped garlic optional
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Coat each chicken cutlet in egg and then breadcrumbs
- Cook each cutlet in a non stick pan with oil until golden brown and then set aside in a baking dish
- Remove excess oil; add butter (garlic if using) chicken broth, vermouth, lemon slices and parsley and bring to a simmer. Pour over chicken breasts. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes and then uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta, rice or salad.
Oven temperatures vary so remember to adjust the temperature accordingly.