This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
If it’s too hot to cook or you just plain wanna conserve some energy ….. Here goes another fabulous #stoveless meal : Dijon Baked Flounder Filet and Asparagus. In under 30 minutes I prepared this meal for 2 in my Toaster oven!
I have literally been busting at the seams to share this flounder filet recipe with asparagus. I am still amazed that it cooked in the toaster and at how easy it was!
*This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links*
Since this is a full menu meal and it’s ALL made in one appliance, I reserved the baking tray to cook the fish and placed the asparagus in a small baking dish that fits perfectly inside my toaster. I used the French White 18 oz Appetizer Dish by Corning Ware. After trimming the spears to fit neatly inside, I lightly greased the dish with olive oil, arranged the spears inside, seasoned and drizzled with a touch more oil. I baked the asparagus on the lowest rack setting at 425 F. for aprox. 15 minutes.
While the asparagus bakes, line the baking tray with foil and grease it with olive oil spray. After lightly seasoning both sides of the fish, place them on the tray, brush with a coating of dijon mustard and then sprinkled each filet with a bread crumb mixture. Spray the top of the fish lightly with olive oil spray before baking on 425 f. . CAREFULLY move the baking rack to the center position if possible. The fish cooks fast… like 12 minutes or so. *BUT check for proper doneness as heat distribution in appliances may vary.*
Plate your fish and asparagus with a good squeeze of lemon juice. You can keep this simple or add a starch or additional greens. Perfect for summer but equally good all year round. Especially when you are only cooking for two! Enjoy!
You might also be interested in the most searched blog recipes:
Dijon Baked Flounder Filet and Asparagus
- 2 pieces Flounder Fillets or Sea Bass
- 2 Tblsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Plain bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- fresh parsley
- olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Position toaster oven rack to the bottom position. Preheat toaster oven to 425 f. Trim and clean asparagus spears to fit into your baking dish. Lightly oil the baking dish, arrange spears, season with salt, pepper and crushed garlic. Bake in Toaster oven for 15 minutes. Set aside in a warm spot.
- As asparagus cook, cover the baking tray with foil. Lightly coat with olive oil. Season both sides of fish with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place on baking tray, brush top side with dijon mustard. Sprinkle bread crumb, parmesan and parsley mixture over the tops. Spritz with a little more olive oil and bake in center of the toaster oven if possible.