If you love Everything Bagels these grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich Bites with everything bagel seasoning are going to be your new lunch time favorite.
Putting my impulse buy to good use….
A few months ago I happened upon a container of Everything Bagel Seasoning at my local Costco. The second I saw it on the shelf I just knew I needed to grab it. Then I took it home and tucked it away in the pantry never to see daylight again, lol. At least that is until now!
I was working on getting some good sandwich recipes posted and wanted to do like a croque monsieur (a.k.a. faaancy french ham and cheese sandwich) and in the process came accross a recipe for it with poppy seed bread and BAM, light bulb moment.. use that Everything Bagel Seasoning. Just like that my ham and cheese melt went from boring to AMAZING!
Crazy how my mind works. The only disappointment about this recipe is gonna be that YOU didn’t think of it and have been missing out all this time! I actually shared the recipe idea and story with a friend of mine and she made it the same day. Her exact words were: “Why did I never think to do this!”
What can I say, a food mind is a terrible thing to waste and mine just works like that. In this case it all played together like a well orchestrated symphony.
Was that bit a much? Oh, heck no. You will totally agree once you give this a try.
I’m embarrassed to say, the only secret to these is how easy and good these are! I just used good old fashioned country white bread, thin layers of honey maple ham, swiss cheese and coating the outer layers with melted butter and you guessed, Everything Bagel seasoning! I placed the sandwich on the griddle and cooked on low, both sides until the cheese melted. You want to cook each side slow and low so you don’t burn the seasoning on the outside of the bread. When it’s done I cut off the edges but of course you could leave them on.
Pack this sandwich for work, school or even make it for entertaining! You’re gonna be the lunch box envy of all your friends. Now that you have the secret to the BEST EVER Ham and Cheese Sandwich recipe the only thing left to decide is if you are going to share!
- Zucchini in Carozza
- Chicken Sausage Meatball Parmesan Sliders
- Pesto Zucchini Tomato Panini
- Portobello Arugula Panini
- Shaved Steak Sammies
Everything Bagel Ham and Swiss Bites
- 4 slices Country White Bread
- 4 slices Honey Maple Ham
- 2 slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter Melted
- 1/4 cup Everything Bagel Seasoning estimated
- Lay out 2 pieces of bread on a cutting board. Place 2 slices of ham and one slice of cheese on each piece. Top each with a slice of bread. Cut off edges.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Lightly brush tops of bread with butter and then sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning. Flip over and repeat.
- Cook sandwiches (I use a griddle) in a skillet on low heat until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Cut into squares of your choice.