This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
This family friendly, Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Slider recipe is so versatile and easy. It’s perfect for quick family meals, but can also double as a crowd pleaser for your next large gathering.
*I receive commissions from links in this post, including but not limited to, Amazon. Please read the full disclosure for more info*
I’m not sure what you’ll love most about these homemade cheeseburger sliders, how easy they are to make, their versatility, or how good they taste.
It’s all three for me!
Since these sliders come together so quickly they have become a go-to meal in my house. From start to finish this meal can be on the table in 30 minutes.
This is one for the recipe box. Grab all the details below or just JUMP to the recipe card below, and save it for later.
To get started on this slider recipe here is what you need:
• Lean Ground Meat
• Salt and Pepper
• Barbecue Seasoning Rub: I like Pampered Chef Kansas City Barbecue Rub.
• Worcestershire Sauce
• King’s Hawaiian Rolls Family Pack (or other slider rolls)
• Sliced American/Cheddar Cheese
• Shredded Cheddar Cheese:
• Melted Butter (unsalted)
• Sesame Seeds
How to make homemade cheeseburger sliders:
My family literally cheers when I make these cheeseburger sliders. To be honest, I do too. With a quick saute of the meat and assembly, these sliders are ready for a quick bake. And then in just minutes, they are ready to serve.
The first step is to saute the ground meat in a skillet with dry seasonings. When meat is cooked through, take the pan off the heat, add the worcestershire sauce and mayo. Mix it all together and set aside.
Side note: Don’t skip the mayo it makes this dish – in my opinion.
When the meat is cooked you’re ready to put the sliders together.
Continue to assemble the sliders by spreading the chopped meat over the cheese slices and then top with final layer of shredded cheese.
At this point, place the tops of the rolls back. When the tops are back on brush the tops of the bread with melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds on top
The sliders are now ready to go into a preheated oven for approximately 15 mins (or until the cheese melts).
Side note: I actually use the Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush by Pampered Chef – it is easy to clean and has a little notch on the side to rest on the side of a bowl for keeping your workstation clean.
After the cheese has melted, remove the burgers from the oven. Let the sliders rest a few minutes before separating the rolls and serving.
These are best served warm!
How many sliders does this recipe make
The number of sliders this recipe yields is really dependant on which rolls you use. Overall, I find that a little over a pound of chopped meat makes up to 16 sliders.
Are sliders good for a crowd
In addition to making a great family meal, this sliders recipe can be multiplied. I would definitely make these for a large gathering, tailgating or any game day in between.
Sliders are definitely a crowd pleaser. You can make several batches and then set them out for guests to grab and go. They are very convenient. I especially love making them during football season.
Another family favorite of ours during football season are Chicken Sausage Meatball Parmesan Sliders. Also a great game day recipe.
Can cheeseburger sliders be made ahead
One other great thing about these sliders is they heat up well. They’re a great make ahead meal for busy weeknights or gatherings. To rehear these cheeseburgers wrap them in tin foil and bake at 350 degree f. on a baking sheet in the oven.
The only caution I would advise is, don’t make these too far in advance. A few days in an airtight container is best. To be safe, make sure to follow proper storage and reheating temperature guidelines.
Hopefully, you’ll give this Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Slider recipe a try the next time you’re looking to feed a hungry crowd or just need a quick family weeknight meal.
They are sure to be a hit!
Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders
- 1 lb Lean Ground Round or 1.25
- 9-16 Kings Hawaiian Rolls Original Family Pack or Slider
- 16 slices American Cheese or cheddar slices
- 6-8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp Barbecue Seasoning optional
- 3-4 Dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook ground meat in a skillet. Season with salt and pepper, kansas city barbecue rub. When cooked through add a few dashes of worcestershire sauce. Mix through and then remove from the stove. Mix in Mayonnaise and set aside.
- Place rolls on a greased baking sheet. Carefully separate the top of the rolls from the bottom with a serrated knife. Remove the tops and set aside.
- Cover the bottom of the rolls with the sliced cheese, then spread on the ground meat, as evenly as possible. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on all over the top of the meat. Place the top of the rolls back. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes - or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm and enjoy.