This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
The only thing better than this smooth, creamy Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup loaded with cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon, is how quick and easy it is to get on the table.
Years ago when I first started the blog, I posted a similar soup recipe made with parmesan cheese. I had only tried the recipe once or twice before sharing it.
Before that, I was a cauliflower skeptic for sure. In the end, I really couldn’t believe how rich and creamy the soup came out.
After that cauliflower awakening, I slowly became a fan of everything cauliflower. That was pretty much a turning point for me. Now I use this cruciferous vegetable a lot more in soups and as substitutes for things like rice and pizzas, etc.
In fact, I was recently looking through old blog posts to see which ones I could update using my Instant Pot and that’s how I ended up with this recipe. It’s a little like the old recipe, but I changed it up just a little bit and decided to make it in the instant pot.
Make it below…
Ingredients for Cauliflower Soup
Shop Instacart Now
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
How to Make Cauliflower Soup in the Instant Pot
The instant pot really makes this recipe super easy to get on the table.
Prep and Saute
To start, prep your ingredients and then set the Instant Pot to sauté. You can also substitute a head of cauliflower for already cut florets. But with a good chef knife you should be able to cut the cauliflower into florets easily.
When the Instant Pot heats up add the butter and begin to cook the onions until they are slightly translucent. Next, add cauliflower florets, season to taste, give a stir and then add stock.
Set the Instant Pot
Now just secure the lid on top, close the air valve and set the Instant Pot to manual mode for 8 minutes. You probably have to hit the cancel button first before you can set to manual mode.
While the Instant Pot comes to pressure, cook the bacon strips until they are crispy. Then remove, drain and chop the bacon into bits.
Puree the Soup
Once the Instant Pot beeps, carefully open the valve for a a quick release. When the lid opens, add the cheese and heavy cream and puree the mixture using a immersion blender.
When the soup has a smooth consistency, switch the Instant Pot to the sauté setting again, grate some fresh nutmeg into the soup, bring to a slight boil and then switch to the warm setting until ready to eat.
Plate the soup and garnish with crumbled bacon.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 small onion - or shallot chopped
- 2 cups broth chicken or vegetable
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 4-6 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare vegetables by cutting cauliflower into florets and chopping onions. Remember you are going to puree these so rough chop is fine. Just consistency in size is important.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté, add butter and Sauté onions until slightly translucent. Add cauliflower florets, season to taste, give a stir and then add stock.Secure lid on top, close the air valve and Set to manual mode for 8 minutes.
- Cook bacon strips while IP comes to pressure. When crispy remove, drain and chop into bits.
- When IP is done, open valve for a quick release. Then add cheddar cheese and heavy cream. Now using the immersion blender, puree mixture until smooth.
- Switch the IP to the sauté setting, grate some fresh nutmeg into the soup, bring to a slight boil before switching to the warm setting until ready to eat. Plate, garnish with crumbled bacon and serve warm.