This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
Here’s a must try Pork Chop recipe with Italian Style tomatoes.
These thin boneless pork chop recipe is quick, simple and robust in flavor.
I came with this recipe after sending my husband to Costco one weekend, and unavoidably, becoming the proud owner of one case of organic stewed Italian tomatoes. After being slightly annoyed, and really having no idea what I was going to do with them, I set out to find dishes I could use them in! I now give you Recipe #1 :
Italian Garden Style Pork Chops
Much to my surprise these Roma tomatoes are actually pretty good. They have “notes of basil, oregano, garlic, and green bell pepper”. And, have come in handy when I was looking for a more robust flavor in my recipes calling for diced or peeled tomatoes.
You could use chicken breast. I served with left over pasta but try it with brown rice or spaghetti squash.
A 30 minute meal tops…and worth it.
Here’s a few pics and the recipe:
Italian Garden Pork Chops
- 6 Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops - THIN
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 14 oz can of Kirkland Italian stewed tomatoes or like flavors
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Season chops with salt and pepper
- Saute in hot pan with olive oil - sear on both sides for 3 minutes each side
- Remove pork chops from pan and set aside
- Saute onion and garlic for another 3 minutes
- add chicken stock and lemon juice, scarping up the bits from the bottom of the pan
- After bringing to a simmer (about 2 minutes) add the tomatoes
- Crush tomatoes with a masher if you like
- Return pork chops back to pan and simmer in the pan for about 5 minutes (or until cooked)
- Serve over rice or pasta