I am so in love with my new Mini Bundt Pan!
Last night after a long day of baseball, I decided to try it out using this yummy Coffee Cake recipe I found in my Mom’s little recipe box. I followed the recipe almost exact, except I baked them miniature size using the mini bundt pan. I did improvise on a few ingredients, the walnuts because there was no specific amount listed, I included an addition of ground cinnamon because I felt it needed it and instead of a butter coffee glaze, I used a simple orange juice and confection sugar to top them off.
And so without further a do I give you my mini coffee cakes which I am calling Coffe Cake”bundtTini” (ok I know the name is little corny but I couldn’t resist 🙂 To make these cute mini cakes you need a Mini Fluted Pan
. I used the one below by Wilton.
I followed the exact recipe for the most part and filled each section, using a teaspoon, about 2/3 rds the way full. If you fill them too much they will cook but wont have a flat bottom . I think my first batch was filled a little too high and the bottoms were a little rounded. I cooked mine on 325 degrees F on the convection setting, I also placed them on the middle rack.
Here are a few photos and the recipe I used:
AS ALWAYS COMMENT TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK..good or bad. Ask any questions!
Mini Coffee Cakes
- 2 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant coffee optional
- 1-2 teaspoon of cinnamon depending on flavor preference
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a bowl cream the butter and gradually beat in sugar. Add vanilla and beat in eggs one at a time
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt,coffee and cinnamon. Add to creamed butter and eggs in thirds the dry mixture, then the milk and eggs, and repeat. Mix well and then fold in the chopped walnuts. Grease the mini bundt pan with spray (grease well;use spray with flour if possible). Using a small spoon fill each bundt well about 2/3 full with batter. Tap the pan to settle the batter and then place into a pre heated 350 degree F oven - on the middle rack. Bake for about 15 minutes or until done ( a toothpick can be inserted into the cake to test, if done it will come out clean). Let cool a few moments, then invert onto a lined baking sheet. Let completely cool and transfer to wire rack to be iced.
- 1 cup of powder sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of OJ
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- The icing should be thick - you can drizzle with a spoon; place in a pastry bag; place in a squeeze bottle, and drizzle over cakes. Let dry and serve