Looking for that special dessert this 4th of July?
Well look no more, the answer is in these easy to make mini cherry cheesecake cupcakes. They aren’t just super cute, they’re also made with like 6 basic and everyday ingredients (give or take). How can you beat that? Well you can’t so …..you really need to give them a try.
These cheesecakes aren’t just for the 4th of July they are perfect for any occasion. But they can be quite patriotic for the upcoming holiday weekend with or without the addition of these red, white and blue cupcake liners.
HERE’S THE RED, WHITE AND YOU CAN DO RECIPE!
To start line a mini cupcake pan with cupcake liners and preheat your oven. In my kitchen I use the Wilton 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan These cheesecakes do not require a crust, you simply mix the batter and pour. Like most cupcakes, you should fill them about 2/3rds full. Be sure to fill them enough not to spill over, but leave yourself enough cheesecake to eat. If you underfill them you will end up with an almost empty cheesecake cup. So disappointing!
As with cheesecakes in general, you need to cook them slow and low, 300 degrees F is usually the perfect temperature. You’ll know they are done when they start to deflate a bit. About 25 minutes should do it. I like to let them cool and then refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours) before adding the sour cream frosting and fruit topping. Just mix sour cream with sugar and vanilla extract and dollop onto the center of each cheesecake. Then add the fruit topping. Personally, I like to lightly rinse the cherries before placing on top.
Place them on your favorite platter and serve (or bring with you to any BBQ). After you’ve made them give yourself a pat on the back…. They are so pretty, taste good and I promise everyone will love them – so will you!
Happy 4th of July and Happy Baking!
A word about Amazon Links: from time to time I post links to amazon for products that I use in a specific blog post. I do receive credit from amazon if you purchase this item through the direct link. As always I NEVER post or suggest a product that I do not use or sincerely recommend.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE RECIPES
Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 3 packages of softened Cream Cheese 8oz
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Sour Cream Frosting
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-3 Tblsp. sugar more if desired
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Fruit for Topping (cherries blueberries, strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Cream together sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix well until most of the lumps are removed.
- Line a mini cupcake pan and fill each well 2/3rds full. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes (or until done). Cheesecakes will sink when done. Remove and let cool for at least 8 hours.
- Sour cream frosting: mix together sugar, sour cream and vanilla. Place a dollop of frosting on each cheesecake. Then add a cherry (or other fruit topping).
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Bake in a regular size Muffin/Cupcake pan for 40 minutes. Yields 20 STORAGE OPTIONS:
These also freeze well and can be defrosted about 20 minutes before you need them. Then spoon the sour cream and fruit on top. Wilton 24 Cup Mini Muffin Cupcake Pan