“I love you from my head TO-MA-TOES”
It’s official, tomato season is at your back door. In some cases, literally! This year we have tomatoes, eggplant and zucchini…
The other day I was looking at my little potted garden in the yard and started to think about all the amazing dishes I could make with my tomatoes besides the typical tomato and cucumber salad.
With my new Pampered Chef business at the forefront of my mind, I immediately new I needed to break out my most loved stoneware (bar) pan. When I tell you I have been using Pampered Chef for years, I am not kidding. Look at the seasoning on this beauty. From pizzas, to cutlets and roasted veggies, this pan has been used and loved for 19+ years.
Roasting tomatoes, especially towards the end of summer and winter is one of the best ways to bring out the natural sweetness. Just toss your tomatoes in a glass mixing bowl with olive oil, fresh thyme salt and pepper. Then arrange on your baking pan and roast in a pre heated 450 f. oven for about 20 minutes or until the tomatoes start to blister and split.
Once the tomatoes have cooled you can serve them as a side dish, in salads, or tossed with your favorite pasta. Try swapping in roasted tomatoes in one of these blog favorites:
- String Bean Tomato Salad
- Tomato Zucchini Salad with Ricotta Salata
- Penne Caprese with True Rebel Tomatoes
Of course I would be the worlds worst sales person if I didn’t mention all the pampered chef products that you can use for this recipe.
Click HERE to checkout my personal PC Shop
Oven Roasted Mini Heirlooms
- 2 pounds Mini Heirloom Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or a few spritzes
- Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- Salt and pepper to taste *
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees f. Toss tomatoes in olive oil with salt, pepper and fresh thyme. Spread out onto your roasting pan. Roast until tomatoes burst (aprox 20 minutes).
- Let cool and serve alone, over pasta or with salad.