I was provided complimentary products as a Social Media influencer for @influenster via the #makeityours cookie recipe campaign for @countrycrock spreads. As always opinions are 100% my own.
As an avid baker and small cookie business owner, I was really excited to participate in the Country Crock #MakeItYours cookie campaign. Over the years I have used Country Crock in many savory dishes, but I was really curious to see how it would hold up on the baking front.
Once I got my Country Crock original spread, I was all ready to start baking. While I could have used the tasty and versatile Make It Yours recipe, I really needed to see how this spread would hold up to one of my Italian Cookie recipes. With Easter on the horizon it really was the perfect time to break out this yummy Ricotta Cookie with Lemon Icing recipe. Nothing says Italian Easter like the lemons and ricotta! Without any other modifications, I simply swapped out the butter and moved in a cup of Country Crock Original spread.
The first thing I noticed about baking with Country Crock was that I could get right to baking. In other words, I didn’t have to wait a lengthy period of time for it to soften, it was ready to go. That was a bonus time saving benefit.
I creamed the Country Crock and sugar the same as usual and gradually incorporated the remaining ingredients until the dough was formed. Then I took rounded teaspoons and dropped the cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
After filling the cookie sheets with dollops of dough, I popped each batch into a pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes (or until the bottoms lightly browned). I let them sit for a few minutes before transferring to cooling racks, where I let them thoroughly cool before giving them their lemony glaze.
When all was said and done, the overall baking process, the cookie flavor and texture remained the same. Great job Country Crock, you really turned out a delicious cookie! If you are interested in learning more baking recipe ideas using Country Crock visit their website here. Happy Baking and enjoy!
Ricotta Lemon Cookies
- 4 cup flour
- 1 cup Country Crock Original
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp orange extract
- 2 cups Confectionary sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons Water gradually add more water if needed
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon orange or vanilla extract
- Optional: 1-2 tsp. corn syrup for a shiny icing
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl beat the sugar and Country Crock until mixed together. Add eggs and orange extract and continue to beat until creamy.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Add 1/2 the flour and mix together until a batter forms. Add remaining flour and ricotta and continue to mix until you reach a thick sticky batter (dough).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and drop rounded teaspoons onto each pan and bake for 10 minutes (or until lightly browned on the bottom). Let cook 5 minutes then transfer to cooling racks.
- Combine all the ingredients for the icing and mix well until you have reached the desired consistency and there are no lumps. Dip the tops of each cookies into the icing and place back on cooling rack to dry.