This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
As much as I love to cook time is not always on my side. One option for those days when I’m short on time and can’t get it all together is to buy a store made rotisserie chicken or turkey breast. Then to really kick things up, I usually make some rice, a vegetable and yes even a salad.
Impressive right? Yeah, yeah I know BOOORRRING! Don’t worry I know you didn’t click on that link for me to suggest rice, salad and a vegetable to go along with your store made bird!
So drop that leg and check out this recipe for Santa Fe Chili. It’s made with, you guessed it, a store made rotisserie (in this case turkey breast). I think it’s a great recipe using that same old hum drum chicken (or turkey). If you like chili and only have about 15 minutes then this jazzed up rotisserie recipe is for you. Honestly, I didn’t have high hopes for this one but I was pleasantly surprised.
1. buy a naturally flavored rotisserie
2. of course you can use chicken instead
Santa Fe Turkey Chili
- 2 cups cooked turkey diced
- 10 oz diced tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1/2 cup Chicken
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup of whole kernel corn
- 15 oz sodium free black beans or kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sour Cream
- In a medium sauce pot Sauté garlic and onion in oil until soft. Season with S&P as desired. Add the drained beans, stir and then add the tomatoes, 2 Tbsp of Taco seasoning, and stock. Stir and cover partially with lid to bring to a slow simmer.
- While beans and tomatoes cook, coat the diced turkey with the remaining taco seasoning. After 5 minutes, remove lid and add the rotisserie turkey with some freshly torn cilantro leaves. Partially cover again for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, toss in cooked corn, stir and serve alone or over rice with fresh sour cream (or any other toppings of choice)
OPTIONAL: Garnish with cilantro, sliced green onions, shredded jack cheese and diced avocado, if desired.