This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
What’s for Dinner Wednesday
Hey. Hey. Hey! Here’s Last night’s “What’s for Dinner Wednesday” from my Instagram Stories and Facebook Live. In case you missed it, it’s a Skillet Chicken with Crumbled Italian Sausage, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Spinach and Mushrooms with a touch of cream.
I literally cleared out the fridge and pulled this one together. Another dinner where shopping my own pantry was a huge success. Keeping things like sun dried tomatoes, shallots and box stock is always a good idea. I also keep on hand a jar of fresh herbs pureed with garlic, oil and salt in a mason jar inside the fridge. A great flavor booster when you are short on time. I used it to season my chicken as well as my veggies and sausage.
A FEW TIPS:
- Cook the sausage and other accoutrements first, so when you sear the chicken it picks up all those flavors from the pan.
- Use thicker chicken breasts and then slice them in half.
- I keep a parsley, garlic and oil mixture in my refrigerator. I wash a bunch of fresh Italian Parsley, dry it and then chop it up in the blender with olive oil, garlic and a pinch of salt. Put it in a mason jar and use it in sauces, marinades, etc..
- For even cooking I use my Cast Iron Skillet, which is also oven safe.
Watch the quick video and Grab the recipe below. Happy Cooking ?.
Skillet Chicken with Sausage, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Spinach
- 1 small shallot diced
- 6 oz White Button Mushrooms diced
- 1/4 cup of sun Dried Tomatoes sliced and diced
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Spinach chopped
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Splash white wine optional
- 4 Links Italian Sausage removed from casing
- Heat skillet with a tablespoon or so of olive oil, sauté sausage in pan until cooked through. Set aside. Sauté mushrooms and shallots for 3-4 minutes then add chopped sun Dried tomatoes and spinach. Season lightly with sea salt until spinach begins to wilt. Remove from pan into a covered bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees f. Season chicken breasts lightly with salt, pepper and puréed parsley, garlic and olive oil. Drizzle a tablespoon of Olive Oil into cast iron skillet, heat up on medium/high heat and then sear chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown (and no longer pink inside).
- Return sausage mixture to the pan with a 1/2 cup of chicken stock and 1/4 cup of cream. Bring to a simmer and then place in the hot oven for approx. 12/15 minutes. Serve warm.