This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
Hey there – Happy #MeatlessMonday!
I know it’s early Monday morning, but are you thinking about dinner yet? Perhaps a flavorful meatless meal that takes less than 30 minutes to cook? One that has a crunchy bottom and cheesy top?
You are! Well then as luck would have it, I have the perfect diner idea for you…
Spinach and Ricotta Pizza
This spinach and ricotta pizza is easy to make, takes less than 30 minutes and it’s yummy too. And don’t worry if you don’t have all the ingredients because there aren’t that many, so a quick stop to the market isn’t going to take that long. And while you’re there, grab one of those supermarket flyers because that’s exactly where I found this recipe. Not such a bad find, right. I’m always on the lookout for them in every circular I get. Even if I don’t think I will like them, I clip them and file them away for reference.
I liked this recipe because it seemed uncomplicated and made use of a favorite pantry staple, refrigerated pizza dough. If you prefer homemade though that’ll also get the job done. But for a quick weeknight meal, refrigerated pizza dough might be the way to go. Try it on Flatbread to! (you just might have to tweak the cooking time, etc… ).
I hope you’ll give this Ricotta Spinach Pizza a try – tweak it even – either way I think it’s a winner. Happy Cooking – Enjoy!
Spinach Ricotta Pizza
- 12 oz Refrigerated Pizza Dough
- 1 Cup Ricotta
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz of fresh spinach leaves/frozen spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees F. In a bowl combine the ricotta and a 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese. Stir until smooth.
- In a medium skillet heat 1 T of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the spinach and garlic. Cook and stir until just wilted. Drain and set aside.
- Spread ricotta mixture over the the crust, leaving a generous amount of space around the edges. Brush the remaining edges with the rest of the olive oil. Place the wilted spinach on top. Generously sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the spinach and ricotta.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden and the the cheese melts. Wait 5 minutes before slicing.
WANT TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA RECIPE OR TIPS?
- Do you have a favorite recipe or tip for homemeade pizza? I would LOVE to hear it!
- Comment below or Contact me HERE to share your idea and I will post it to the blog under Tips & Tricks or Reader Recipes.
- Make sure you subscribe to the blog because I will send a $5 Starbucks e-Gift Card to the first 5 subscribers that share a recipe.