This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
Knowing we might all be a little less carb conscious this time of year, I strategically waited for the cooler weather to post this Tomato and White Bean Bruschetta recipe. Now that summer is over let’s bring on the carbs. Now don’t get me wrong, I will NEVER give up my my love for carbohydrates. It’s just that I do try and watch my carb consumption in the warmer months. It would be a complete injustice to post this as a bread free recipe. I mean, what’s bruschetta without bread? (I guess it’s tomato salad, but that’s not at all what I am intending here). Personally, this is one food group that I will NEVER eliminate from my diet! Seriously, how can 61 million Italian people be wrong?!
On to the recipe…
Tomatoes and white beans are a great combination in many dishes. I especially love this particular combination of white beans and tomato over toasted Italian bread. This bruschetta is great to serve at cocktail parties or appetizers. I love that there are not many ingredients and the preparation is simple. I also love that it can be prepared the day before. Other than mixing the ingredients, all you need to do is toast your sliced bread right before you serve…
NOTE: If serving on a buffet table where it might be sitting around,I would place bruschetta in a serving bowl with a serving spoon and the toasted bread along side. This will prevent the bread from becoming soggy.
In addition to being a great party food, this is also great for football sunday and as an after school snack. My son loves to have this on some toasted Naan Bread.
Give this simple recipe a try and please let me know what you think in the comments below…
If you like this recipe click on one of the share buttons below and SHARE with your friends.
Tomato and White Bean Bruschetta
- 4 Plum tomatoes diced
- 1 19 oz can of Cannelini Beans
- 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 loaf of italian bread sliced
- Dice the tomatoes and set aside in a bowl. Drain and rinse the cannelini beans. Add to tomatoes. Add the chopped herbs, the olive oil and the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice bread about 1/2" thick and place on baking sheet and brush one side of each slice lightly with olive oil. Bake for 5-6 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve with a teaspoon of bruschetta on top.