This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
This Tortelloni with grilled Italian Sausage and #organic sautéed shiitake mushrooms, baby spinach and Shredded Fontina Cheese is my #Farmtotable inspired dinner from a trip to the @eastchesterfarmersmarket.
Without rhyme or reason, I walked the farmers market to shop my favorite things. I challenged myself to come up with a dinner with those ingredients and whatever I had on hand at home. I randomly chose the the items that just appealed to my tastes. The combination of a well stocked pantry and the items I got at the Market I was able to pull together this dinner in minutes.
The beauty of the Farmer’s Market is that you can shop what’s in season and alter your favorite recipes as needed. I used the mushrooms that were available that day at the Farmer’s Market but feel free to use any mushrooms you might have on hand or that you prefer. The same goes for the cheeses and other produce. This dish is very versatile and the ingredients can be varied from month to month, etc…
I’d love to hear about your favorite Farmer’s market recipe ideas in the comments below. Happy Cooking!
You might also be interested in THE STOVELESS MEALS MENU ROUNDUP HERE
OR the most searched blog recipes below:
Tortelloni with Grilled Sausage and Porcini Mushrooms
- 1 lb Cheese Tortelloni
- 12 oz shitake mushrooms
- 1 lb sweet italian sausage
- baby spinach
- 2 Tblsp butter unsalted
- 3 Tbslp Cup of Heavy Cream
- fontina cheese grated for taste
- Cook tortelloni according to package directions. Grill sausage and then slice as preferred. Saute mushrooms in a little olive oil for 3-4 minutes, then then add the spinach and saute until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain cooked pasta and set aside. In same pot melt butter and then add heavy cream (on low). Add a 2-3 tbslp. of fontina cheese and mix until smooth and creamy. Return pasta to the pot and mix. Add all the ingredients to the pot, mix together and then serve.